Meet the writing duo Taylor Henderson and Sara Schoen



SARA SCHOEN

Sara Schoen is a twenty-year-old college student who was born and raised in Northern Virginia. She wasn't addicted reader until late in high school. She enjoys happy endings and is captivated by a good mystery. She started writing in middle school, but her first published work was a story from junior year of high school. Amber Alert, was her debut novel, and became the first series she released. Since publishing at nineteen, she's expanded, not only in writing abilities, but also in genre. She co-writes with her partner to write mystery thrillers with a hint of romance in them. There is always a new book being written, and a lot of projects piling up that will keep her, and her readers, busy for years to come including Guarded Secrets Series, which just released with the first in the series, Suicide Mission. The second, Covert Operations, of which will be ready to release early this fall.





TAYLOR HENDERSON

Taylor Henderson is a twenty-year-old college student who was born and raised in Northern Virginia. She has been an adamant reader and writer since she was young, and has always found solace in the worlds and characters that other authors have brought to life in their works. Taylor is currently working on the sequel to Better Than Revenge, Scarlet Awakening, as well as other co-written stories.

FACEBOOK:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTaylorHenderson
GOODREADS:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9885214.Taylor_Henderson?from_search=true&search_version=service
AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Henderson/e/B00T58JDU6/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1437525412&sr=8-1
LIMITLESS


More works by them listed below the interview.
 

Author Interview with Sara Schoen and Taylor Henderson



Interviewed by: RENEE N. MELAND

Next up in the interview series are Sara Schoen and Taylor Henderson, authors of Bad Publicity. Sounds like an exciting read from their tantalizing description. Read on!

1. Tell us a little about your book.
Bad Publicity is about a rebellious teenage girl who has just lost her mother due to cancer, and now is forced to standby while her father gets remarried to a woman who cannot have any bad publicity ruining her prestigious reputation. Needless to say that cuts into Jade’s fun, and she’s not going to stand by and let life slip away even if it means a little bad publicity for everyone involved.

2. Who is your favorite part about writing? Least favorite?
Sara: My favorite part is to tell a story. I’m not only creating an escape for someone else, but I’m telling them a story with characters that hopefully feel like their best friends, because they are my friends and I. I can also point out a lot that’s happening to teens/in the world and have people relate to it or even change their mind on the topic. It’s like they get to know me through my work. My least favorite part, is that I think about how many chapters my stories will have and I get discouraged. It’s a lot of time that may mean nothing in the long run.
Taylor: My absolute favorite part about writing is the fact that I get to create a whole new world and story. My characters can be whoever I want them to be, with talents that I’ve never had. I can create a character who is good at Math, not that I would, but I can! My least favorite part about writing is that it takes time to do. You actually have to dedicate time to writing. It doesn’t take a month to write an award-winning novel, despite how awesome that might be. Even with nanowrimo, after the book is written you still have to go back at the end of the month to edit and make the book how you want it to be. Editing can be kind of boring at times too, but it’s also fun to see where your thought process went when you were initially writing the book.

3. A director tells you that you have complete control over casting the movie version of your book. Who plays who?
Our dream cast would be as goes:
Jade: Vika Levina
Damien: young Ian Somerhalder
Brooke: Taylor Momsen before the drastic dark change
Alyssa: Emily Rudd
Austin: Adam Gregory
Matt: Chace Crawford
Chase: Matt Lanter with darker hair

4. If your house was burning down and you could save one thing, what would it be (don’t say photo albums, everyone says photo albums)?
Sara: I’d save my dog, and my family. No competition. I can replace everything else, I can’t replace their lives. Other than that I would grab my laptop and the small stash of cash I have saved so that we could buy food and other supplies if the fire destroyed the house.
Taylor: I would save my family first and foremost. Other than family, the only other thing that I would think to save is my laptop, because I don’t have any of my files backed up. (I should get on that.)

5. If you could choose what one message that a reader takes away from reading your book, what would it be?
We would want them to take away that your actions have consequences, it’s not always about what you want, and eventually you will have to think of others. Just be sure that you put yourself before others, because you’re looking out for yourself because you know what’s best for you.

6. Imagine a world where everyone wears a t-shirt that says something about who they are as a human being, i.e. “Doesn’t play well with others” or “Don’t talk to me until I’ve had coffee.” What would yours say?
Sara: “I don’t give a f*ck. I’m going to be me and say what’s on my mind.”
Taylor: “I can be ditzy, and slow at moments, but don’t underestimate my intelligence.”

7. Who has been your biggest supporter in your writing?
Sara: My biggest support has been Taylor and our friend, Avery. She was the one that encouraged me to write, then when the books got popular online to publish it. Avery is the biggest cheerleader, she encourages me and inspires me. They tell everyone about my books, and thunderclaps, they’re amazing. My family supports me by buying books and reading them, I think my sister has read more this year than ever in her life. She’s read the entire Amber Alert series, Bad Publicity, The Dying Game, Waking up blank and everyone in my family is excited for the Guarded Secret series.
Taylor: My biggest supporters in my writing has been Sara and my Grandma Marianne. Sara always pushes me to write, even when I am uninspired, and she encourages me with constructive criticism. It’s amazing to have such a great friend, who loves and cares for me and shares my passion for writing. She is definitely the Jade to my Brooke. My Grandma has been my biggest supporter since I was younger. She helped teach me how to read, and even got me into writing. She always has new books for me to read, and is always the first to purchase my books. When Better Than Revenge released (June 9th) she had 20 copies that she had ordered, that arrived on my doorstep. I couldn’t be more thankful.

8. What writer do you admire the most and why?
Sara: I admire JK Rowling, she made a world for her readers. Everyone that read the books or watched the movies knew and went to Hogwarts with the characters. That’s just amazing to me! To touch the lives of literally thousands and thousands of people, and for her to do that is mind blowing and utterly amazing!
Taylor: I admire Stephen King, JK Rowling, Anne Rice, James Patterson, and any other author who has a name that even people who don’t read/write recognize. I would love to go so far in the writing world that when people hear Taylor Henderson they instantly can put my name to a series or book that I’ve written.

9. If you had only one book to read for the rest of your life what would it be?
Sara: I’d read a book on developing character traits and characters so I could continue to improve my writing as I do now with reading other published books. If I couldn’t do that I’d read the Sweet Secrets series and have two books in one. (HA Loophole!)
Taylor: I would read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead over and over again. The characters that she created were realistic, and relatable, and she was so creative with her take on vampires that it got me interested in other genres of books than just romantic fiction. If I couldn’t read that book, then I would read the Guarded Secrets series because I love mystery/suspense novels. (Wink wink.)

10. Favorite quote about writing, life or otherwise:
Sara: “I made the decision to not listen to the small mean voice that was telling me I wasn’t good enough. I decided to keep believing in myself no matter what.” Rachel Platten
Taylor: “I read like the ink from the book is oxygen, and I’m gasping for breath.” -Unknown



INFO:
Twitter: @SaraNSchoen and @TayMHenderson
Website: http://stolenglancesauthors.blogspot.com

Up and coming books by them: (You can find them on wattpad)

Deadly Hallows (Dead ringer series #1):

Casey Hale lives in a small town where everyone knows everybody's business. So when word of a murder sweeps through Shady Hallows fear quickly takes over everyone in town, and they are left wondering who did it. A young girl, Sophie Peters, has been found murdered in the woods. To the police it looks like an accidental overdose, but something doesn't sit right with Casey. She knows Sophie's death wasn't an accident, and besides the fact that they look like they could be long lost twins, Sophie saved Casey's life and now Casey is determined to repay her by giving her death justice. Trying to find out who murdered the newest member of the town will lead Casey down a road of lies, deception, and murder. As she learns that the people who she thought she knew aren't who they seem. As she digs through the case Sophie's brother, Mason Peters, is offering his help to bring the person who murdered his sister to justice, and won't rest until they find out who did it. But can they work together or will the lies about their families tear them apart?


Essex:

One, two, she’s coming for you. Three, four, better run some more. Five, six, you have three clicks. Seven, eight you can’t escape. Nine, ten, you’re never seen again.

It started as a bet which sent Jay Overton and his friends into the haunted halls of the old insane asylum. The Asylum has been abandoned for almost one-hundred years and is the sight of numerous disappearances and deaths, but no record disclosing the disturbing details from the few who managed to escape.

After all, ghosts aren't real.

But when they stay the night in the abandoned mental institution, what happens when they realize the past can come back to haunt them? There are more than just reminders and remnants of the old hospital surrounding them. Bodies are piled in rooms, warnings are painted on the walls, and an old patient is playing a dangerous game that could get them all killed. Maybe this is why abandoned places always reek of death, and why no one returns after visiting the abandoned asylum at night, the patients don't want to let them out.

Because if they can't escape, neither can you.



Captive:

Cassidy Archer was always known to be a good girl, someone who followed the rules and always put others first. No one could have imagined that the good girl they knew would be taken from her life during a night out with her friends, and held captive against her will and she's not the only one. She’s surrounded by other girl’s who were also snatched away from their homes and daily lives, forced to live in cages like animals. 

Worst of all, none of them know why they were taken. They don't have anything in common, they didn't even live in the same areas, and never met until they were kidnapped. There's something going on, and it's not good news. Cassidy is well aware of the fact that she doesn’t know the full story behind her kidnapping, but what is she missing? Will it help her in the end or just seal her fate? 


Beach Week:

Avery Winters, Taylor Fields, and Sara Hunter have been friends since middle school. Every year the three girls head up to Sara's summer house for their infamous beach week tradition. But this summer is sure to be different. It's their last beach week together. They have just graduated college and are heading off into the world to pursue their dreams, but not without one last party-filled week. Lost in the excitement and bitter sweet sadness of their final time together, the three friends never saw what was coming. A killer is on the lose, and he knows more about them then they know. Are they just random targets or is there a reason he's after them? One things for sure, this beach week will be one to remember, but will it also be their last?


Apryl Baker

3 comments:

  1. I think Deadly Hallows is the book for me! I'm always the one in the family looking for a good scare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You're in for good news then! We just completed Deadly Hallows and it will be available in full on wattpad. We post a new chapter each day! Find it here: www.wattpad.com/user/stolenglances

      Delete