Meet author Linda Ulleseit





As Neste prepares the beautiful winged horse Llawen for the Aerial Games, the rest of the team struggles with Hoel, the team leader, and Adam, the weakest rider. Even though she is betrothed to Hoel, Neste's sense of honor pushes her to encourage Adam. Then tragedy strikes and Neste's world falls apart. Will she have to rebuild her life alone?

Excerpt from Wings Over Tremeirchson:


Neste sat on the grassy hilltop and unwrapped packages of food. Preoccupied with planning what to say, what not to say, what to ask, she was startled when Hoel spoke.


“This was a good idea. Just what I needed.”


She looked at him and relaxed. He smiled, his eyes warm and affectionate. All traces of anger and hard edges had disappeared.


“It’s a beautiful day.” When you have something potentially upsetting to discuss, the weather is a wonderful stall tactic.


“Not as beautiful as the company.” He reached out to twist a strand of her chestnut hair that had escaped its braid. “You’re good for me. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”


Neste smiled but squirmed a bit. She didn’t always feel this awkward when she talked to Hoel, but words and images from the recent argument filled her head. How could he push it away so fast and so completely?


Conversation remained scarce as they commented on the flaky pastry and sliced ham, on tomorrow’s weather, on anything but Adam and Mallt and the Aerial Games.


When the sun had inched a bit across the sky, Neste took a deep breath and leaned forward. “I know you don’t want to talk about Adam, but maybe I can help him. I know I’m not perfect…”


“You’re a far sight better than he is.”


Encouraged by Hoel’s calm tone, Neste continued. “I’m going to work in some additional practices with him. It can’t hurt.”


“I appreciate your devotion to the team, cariad, but I don’t like the way that tanner’s son looks at you. Maybe Phelip can help him.”


“Adam looks at everyone like that.”


“Do you really think you can help him?”


She nodded. “I’ll know more after practice today.”


Hoel narrowed his eyes and looked out across the valley. The breeze lifted a lock of his hair. “All right, then. Do what you can.” He stood up and swept into an exaggerated bow as he kissed her hand. “A pleasure dining with you, milady.”


WINGS OVER TREMEIRCHSON is an ebook novella that introduces readers to my Flying Horse Books series set in medieval Wales. Tremeirchson is a town with an important legacy. They nurture and train the world’s only herd of winged horses. Once a year, they hold the Aerial Games (think of Olympics in the air). The people who live and work in the barns and the town are caught up in romance, intrigue, and adventure. Come along for the ride!



Flying Horse Books (available in paperback and ebook):

ON A WING AND A DARE

IN THE WINDS OF DANGER

UNDER A WILD AND DARKENING SKY (coming June 2014)


Also by Linda Ulleseit:

UNDER THE ALMOND TREES (coming May 2014)


I was born and raised in Saratoga, California, and I now live in San Jose. When I’m not writing, I like cooking, cross-stitching, reading, and spending time with her family. I also have two young yellow Labradors that love to go for walks. For eighteen years I’ve taught elementary school, mostly fifth and sixth grade. My students get to hear my books read aloud before they’re published, and let me tell you—kids that age can be harsh critics!

They get a lot of practice scribbling stories and essays in class themselves. Someday maybe they’ll have books published, too.


Where to find out more about Linda Ulleseit and her books:


Twitter: @lindaulleseit

Facebook: Linda Ulleseit


Apryl Baker

2 comments:

  1. I started one of these. Was it on TNBW? I love the medieval setting and the fantasy woven in. I'll have to get more and more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post. Love the series. Linda brings life and beauty to these amazing winged creatures. Looking forward to the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete