Introducing YA Author Jessica Redmerski

J.A. Redmerski’s debut novel, THE MAYFAIR MOON, is a YA Paranormal Romance that has been praised many times over as being a great adult crossover tale. Today, she talks about what compelled her to write a YA novel like this one and how it is so different from other werewolf novels on the market today.

ABOUT ‘THE MAYFAIR MOON’ –
After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.

Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.

As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.

IN JESSICA’S WORDS –

Thanks for having me as a guest on your blog – I’m excited to be here! I’ve always been a huge ‘traditional’ werewolf fan (The Howling, Ginger Snaps, Dog Soldiers, Underworld) for as long as I can remember. When I started getting into reading YA novels, I quickly realized that there were a ton of ‘werewolf’ novels on the market, so I thought it shouldn’t be difficult to find one about traditional werewolves. I was wrong. I searched for about a year while still working on my adult novel, DIRTY EDEN, but my search came up empty. All of the YA werewolf novels that I found were about shape-shifters, people who turned into actual wolves on four legs. Now don’t get the wrong idea – I find absolutely nothing wrong with ‘werewolves’ like that, but I longed for a story about the beastly, monstrous kind because to me, they are the epitome of dangerous and powerful. Mix danger and power with struggle and love into a YA crossover novel and you get…OK, truthfully the market has no shortage of novels like that, but now we can finally add beastly werewolves among them, too! 

THE MAYFAIR MOON is the first in a trilogy and Book Two, KINDRED is currently in the works.

Thanks again for having me, Apryl, and I hope you and your readers will enjoy THE MAYFAIR MOON.

You can find Jessica here:
Website - http://jessicaredmerski.com/
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/jredmersk
Twitter - https://twitter.com/JRedmerski

Apryl Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment